Out of Stock
Stock Located at Warehouse may require an additional 1-3 business days processing time before being dispatched. We aim to ensure that you receive your orders as quickly as possible.
Free Instore pickup from - UNIT 3, 6 GLADSTONE RD CASTLE HILL 2154 Monday = Friday 9am - 4.30pm PICKUP AVAILABLE BETWEEN 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS
This F-1 model kit uses past Tamiya Tyrrell 003 models as a base, and features all-new parts to depict the 003 as it appeared in the Monaco GP of 1971.
The Tyrrell team made their Formula One entrance in 1968 using the Matra Ford and quickly achieved excellent results, with a drivers&8217; championship for Jackie Stewart the next season. From the 11th race of 1970 F-1 season in Canada, the team introduced the in-house designed 001, which paved the way for the 003 and 002 cars piloted in 1971 by Jackie Stewart and F. Cevert respectively. While a unique integrated front wing and nose caught everyone&8217;s attention, the Tyrrell 003 chassis at heart was an orthodox, reliable design. Stewart achieved 6 wins in 11 races including the Monaco GP, more than enough for that season&8217;s drivers&8217; and constructors&8217; titles.
- Scale: 1/12
- Construction type: Assembly kit
- Photo-etch parts: Included
- Decals: Included
- Special feature 1: Length: 345mm, width: 170mm, height: 70mm.
- Special feature 2: The model expertly captures the flat "hammer head" nose of the 003 which raced in the 1971 Monaco GP, plus the rounded body panels.
- Special feature 3: Steering wheel moves front wheels.
- Special feature 4: Body upper cowling and nose parts can be removed after assembly.
- Special feature 5: Movable front and rear suspension incorporates coil springs.
- Special feature 6: Exquisite rendering of DFV engine recreates pipes and wiring.
- Special feature 7: Photo-etched parts included to depict brake disc, radiator, fastener and seatbelt buckle parts. Metal parts capture mirror stalks.
- Special feature 8: Comes with high quality Cartograf decals.