Back by Popular Demand!
Tamiya is delighted to welcome the Fighting Buggy back to its product line-up with this re-release version of the 1982 R/C buggy classic. It retains the unique suspension and drivetrain setups employed on the original model and pairs them with a newly-designed chassis. The ABS resin body keeps the shape and design theme from its predecessor, accenting it with updated markings. It is equipped with an aluminum roof wing part and side nets for an authentic buggy-esque look.
A Highly Satisfying Off-Road Experience
The original 2mm-thick FRP and duralumin chassis plate is replaced with a new 2.5mm-thick FRP plate, finished in black like the 1.5mm-thick mechanism deck. The model can be powered by the separately sold Tamiya LF Battery LF1100-6.6V Racing Pack (M-Size), which will fit neatly underneath the mechanism deck. Afficionados of the original model will note that the die cast arms remain the same on the 2014 version, while the separate reserve tank is still used on the rear suspension, which otherwise receives a number of new parts. A sealed direct drive gear case also houses the motor and protects it from dust and dirt. Stability is provided by ribbed front tires, and the rear gives excellent grip thanks to tires with tread patterns that extend to the sidewalls. 3-piece wheels are used both front and rear.
- Front double trailing arm independent suspension employs tough die-cast metal arms sprung and fitted with aluminum oil dampers.
- The rear monoshock setup utilizes a striking setup which features a separate oil reserve tank connected to the damper via tubing.
- The separately sold Tamiya LF Battery LF1100-6.6V Racing Pack (M-Size) can be fitted snugly in the area underneath the upper deck.
- 2-Channel R/C Unit with ESC
- Battery Pack & Charger
- R6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter